May Day or May 1st is here and there is soooo much I haven’t done! It’s incredible when I pause and realize I only have students and teachers for less than four weeks. What can I do in the time remaining and what can I lay the groundwork for next year?
In the remaining time in this school year, I want to:
- Have students create videos for library orientation for next year;
- Have students take pictures of teachers holding their favorite book from
the library (starting a major photo project intended to take all of next year);
- Move most of the reference books to line up under the nonfiction;
- Begin the process of genre-fying the fiction (this will only be a start);
- Create a book swap program; and
- Sign up students for the public library.
I”m sure there’s more but I have to squeeze in things around testing.
What do I want to lay the groundwork for? I would love to introduce some things during
What can you do in the next four weeks?